Washington's Largest Fish Landing Port
One of the most popular spots is the Westport fishing boardwalk. Here whole families can toss out a crab pot and fish off the pier - sometimes you catch your limit, sometimes you just enjoy the afternoon.
Fishing season details for Halibut, Salmon, Tuna, Cod and Bottom fish are available at Westport-Grayland Chamber of Commerce.
Book a Charter Trip
Information about seabirds and links to Westport Pelagic Trips is available at Grays Harbor Audubon Society
Marina Reservation Form
Email, fax or bring in your reservation form and be one step closer to your stay at the Westport Marina.
Download reservation form (Word doc)
Fish and Shellfish Info
- Fish and shellfish regulations
- Shellfish openings and closings for beaches
- Pacific Fishery Management Council
Fishing Season 2013
“Season Greetings! Salmon Season, that is. Westport should enjoy a virtual smorgasbord of salmon fishing opportunities this summer. On April 10, the Pacific Fishery Management Council adopted 2013 salmon regulations for the Washington Coast." - Mark Cedergreen, CEO Westport Charterboat Assoc.
- Our season opener is scheduled for Saturday, June 8, and will run 15 straight days through Saturday June 22.
- Anglers will be allowed 2 Chinook per day (hatchery-healed adipose fin clip). Coho may not be retained.
- Starting Sunday June 23rd the all-species fishery will begin. The bag limit reverts to two, one of which may be a Chinook (either hatchery or wild). Coho must be of hatchery origin, as usual, and the fishing week becomes Sunday thru Thursday.”
|Please check Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife for in season changes.|
|Pacific Halibut||Open Sunday May 5, Sundays and Tuesdays ONLY, except CLOSED May 26,
28. If sufficient quota remains, the fishery will re-open June 2 and or June 4.
No min. size. Daily limit 1.
May 5-quota or Sept. 30, whichever comes first
|Rock Fish||Open Year Round
Bag limit: 10
No Canary or Yellow Eye may be retained
Open 7 days per week
|Ling Cod||March 16 – Oct 12, 2013
Bag limit: 2
2013 Sports Salmon Season
June 23-Sept. 30 Open Sundays through Thursdays ONLY. CHINOOK - min. size 24". COHO - min. size 16". Other SALMON species - no min. size. Daily limit 2 (combined). Only 1 CHINOOK may be retained. Release wild COHO. Season may close earlier if quota of 27,660 hatchery COHO or 23,500 CHINOOK guideline is attained
AREA 2-2 (west of Buoy 13 line) June 8-Aug. 10 Open concurrent with the ocean (Area 2) for SALMON. Area 2 rules apply.
AREA 2-2 (east of the Buoy 13 line) ALL SALMON required to be released may not be totally removed from the water, except anglers fishing from boats 30'
|Westport Boat Basin and Ocean Shores Boat Basin
Aug. 16-Jan. 31 Min. size 12". Daily limit 6. No more than 4 adults may be retained. Release wild CHINOOK. Night closure and anti-snagging rule. Only single-point barbless hooks may be used.
|Crab||Sport Crab Pot opens September 15, 2013.|
|Tuna||Starts in early July and runs into mid October
7 days per week
No Bag Limit Starts in early July and runs into mid October
7 days per week
No Bag Limit